Here is a list of books and websites useful for both professionals and couples/families.
Helpful Texts for Couples
- Johnson, Susan. Hold Me Tight 2008
- Gottman, Jj, Declaire, J. The Relationship Cure. 2001
- Hendricks, H. Getting the Love You Want. 1988
Primarily for Therapists:
- Fishbane, M. Loving with the Brain In Mind: Neurobiology and couple therapy. 2013
- Glazer, D.F. & Drescher, J., eds. (2001). Gay and Lesbian Parenting. New York: The Haworth Press. 2001
- Savin-Williams, R.C. Mom, Dad, I’m Gay: How Families Negotiate Coming Out. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. 2001
Divorce and Stepfamilies
- Ahrons, C. The Good Divorce
- The Co-Parenting Survival Guide: Letting Go of Conflict After a Difficult Divorce by Thayer and Zimmerman
- Mom’s House, Dad’s House: Making Two Homes for Your Child by Isolina Ricci, Ph.D.
- Making Adult Stepfamilies Work. Strategies for the Whole Family When a Parent Marries Later in Life. Grace Gabe and Jean Lipman-Blumen. St Martins Press NY 2004.
- Papernow, P. Surviving and Thriving in Stepfamily Relationships. 2013
- The Stepfamily Foundation, Inc.
SAMSHA: Military Families Page: www.samhsa.gov/militaryfamilies/